Higher Education Solutions
Automating employee and student worker time capture is critical to streamlining payroll, time off and absence management.
Higher education institutions have several challenges: 1)
a variety of employee types working in multiple locations 2) student workers who might work
for several departments and
supervisors 3) the need for many data collection methods,
and 4) payroll or ERP integration might be with a standard, legacy or manual payroll systems.
Pacific Timesheet provides extensive user-facing features that make tracking time and managing time off simple and easy. Validation rules guide the user to make correct requests and timesheet submissions that in turn ease the burden of a supervisor's approval duties. The system is intuitive and requires little training.
- Time off requests and scheduling with employee self-service to view current time off balances, balance history, and submit requests for future time off to supervisors for approval.
- Customizable timesheet templates that render timesheets that suit the needs of non-exempt, part-time, exempt full time, time off only workers. The system is capable of supporting a variety of timesheet templates: in/out time, project-oriented, attendance only, leave only, percent time allocation, presence absence, attendance and project combination timesheets.
- Multiple approval levels for time off and timesheets that notify employees of time off approvals, timesheet rejections and supervisor instructions to correct time entries. The system automates time tracking workflow through the use assigned approval plans, timed email notifications and various escalations.
- Unlimited overtime, shift differential, split shift, meal penalty and time entry policies that enforce various time entry validation rules, and automated overtime calculations. The system supports the complex California rules, weekend shifts, weekend overtime, doubletime, and daily overtime rules.
- Accrual policies that support years of service accrual rules for any time period. The system supports an unlimiited number of time off balances and accrual policies for each. Each balances can have customizes rollover rules, rollovers to special time off balances, accrual caps, and balance minimums.
Multiple data collection options
Higher education timesheet, or college timsheet requires multiple time tracking data collection methods. From workers in labs, libraries, food server staff to maintenance and janitorial staff, time tracking requirements can range from attendance to project time tracking. The system can capture time in the office or in the field through a variety of options:
- Browser interfaces: IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera
- Badge swipe time clocks (wireless and networked)
- Biometric time clocks (wireless and networked)
- Proximity time clocks for attendance and access control (wireless and networked)
- Smartphone interfaces: iphone, blackberry, treo, Windows Mobile rugged handhelds
- Interactive voice response (IVR) phone-based time cards
Finally, when it comes to troubleshooting data, facilitating the payroll timesheet process, or monitoring and taking action on unscheduled absences, the system provides a number of administrative tools to facilitate the time management process:
To receive assistance in the evaluation of your higher education RFP/RFI, and ask about our high education discount pricing, please contact sales.
- Web services API: supports all time entry and data validation transactions with third party systems.
- Import/export utilities: import/exports support all custom fields, auto-import utility.
- Audit trails: DCAA compliant time entry, balances activity, administrative change audit trails.
- Custom reporting engine: report on any standard or custom data including sql expressions and sql filters.
- Billing and pay rate synch: synch employee bill and pay rates to support job/pay labor distribution.
Higher Education Customers